Foot sweats is one of the most common types of hyperhidrosis.
Most of all, this problem bothers people who lead a sedentary lifestyle, or who are uncomfortable - cramped or made of low-quality materials - shoes. Especially strongly pronounced sweating feet in men, who, unlike women, do not have the opportunity to often walk in open shoes, even in the hot season. This leads to the fact that the skin begins to sing, and the sweat glands increase their activity.
So there is increased sweating of the feet, which greatly reduces the quality of a person, and causes subjective discomfort. But not always the causes of hyperhidrosis of the legs are harmless factors. The causes of this phenomenon may be pathological, so everyone needs to know about them.
Causes of excessive sweating
Excessive sweating of the feet, or hyperhidrosis, is a rather delicate, “delicate” problem, with which many patients are embarrassed to contact specialists. But embarrassment in this case is inexpedient, since abnormally intense perspiration can be a symptom of serious diseases.
The doctor distinguishes 7 main common factors that can cause the appearance of hyperhidrosis of the feet:
- A person has a disease of the skin or internal organs, which occurs in a latent (hidden) form.
- Hereditary predisposition to hyperactivity of sweat glands.
- Infectious diseases, hormonal disorders, the presence of tumors. Separately, it should be noted the problem of flatfoot, which is not so rare.
- Stress, overwork, emotional outbursts, poor hygiene.
- Dermatological diseases or damage to the nervous system.
- Wrong shoes. This refers to incorrectly chosen size, wearing shoes that do not correspond to the season, poor-quality materials from which the product is sewn. If we add to this also the wearing of synthetic socks, stockings, golf or leggings, then the situation becomes simply catastrophic.
- Increased sweating may be the result of intense exercise, excessive physical work.
Other provocateurs of hyperhidrosis may be:
- abuse of salty or sweet products, which increases the body's need for fluid (and salt, moreover, has the ability to retain water in the tissues, after which it can be eliminated from the body not only with urine, but also through the pores);
- thyroid hyperactivity (hyperthyroidism);
- local problems with the skin of the feet (for example, fungal lesions).
In case of mycosis of the feet, along with excessive sweating, itching, burning, discomfort and unpleasant smell are observed. All these symptoms are great in the way, and cause significant inconvenience. To get rid of them, you must first determine the type of fungus, and only a doctor can do it.
How to get rid of sweating feet?
In the treatment of hyperhidrosis of the legs, it is important to observe an integrated approach. Means of eliminating excessive sweating are selected only taking into account the cause of its occurrence. But it also happens that the exact provocateurs of anomalous sweating can not be identified, although this is not the reason to be limited to only one specific therapeutic agent.
In case of hyperhidrosis of the feet, it is necessary to consult a dermatologist. Only a specialist will be able to understand the cause of the deviation, and develop the correct tactics of therapy.
There is no exact recommendation on how to get rid of the problem. There are a lot of treatment methods, and they are selected individually.
Medicines are sold in pharmacies, and are freely available. Many of them have a powerful effect on the skin and sweat glands, and help get rid of the problem of excessive sweating of the feet in the shortest possible time. The best, according to dermatologists, are drugs:
- Formagel. A very effective agent containing formaldehyde as an active ingredient. The gel is applied to the skin, aged for 15 to 30 minutes, then its remnants are thoroughly washed with warm clean water. Manipulation should be carried out every 8 to 10 days: it is for such a period of time that the action of the medication is enough. After this period, the therapeutic procedure is repeated. Treatment should be carried out until the problem disappears. Analogue - Formidron.
- Super Antipot. This cream perfectly relieves hyperhidrosis, in parallel contributing to the cure of fungal infections and dermatoses.
- Feet up. The drug is released in the form of a spray-deodorant. Under his influence, the elimination of foot sweating and the reduction of unpleasant odor occur. In addition, the tool has disinfecting properties, in addition, they can handle the inside of the shoe.
- Borozin. Powder that needs to be poured into shoes before putting it on. The tool effectively fights hyperhidrosis and infection.
- Malavit The ointment does well with increased sweating, disinfects, eliminates unpleasant odor and fights mycoses of the skin and nails.
- Pasta Teymurova. The drug helps to eliminate hyperhidrosis, in parallel, providing a deodorizing effect.
- Five Days. The cream has a protective effect, and prevents intense sweating. Helps to get rid of unpleasant smell and diaper rash.
- Odaban. The drug is released in the form of antiperspirant spray or cream. It must be applied to the skin of the feet according to a special scheme, so it is important to study the instructions for using the medication. This is a fairly strong medication that quickly eliminates excessive sweating.
If sweating is not too intense, then the usual antiperspirants for feet will help to get rid of it. But with severe hyperhidrosis, they will be powerless, so here you have to resort to the use of more powerful tools.
What to do at home?
A few tips that you can use to get rid of excessive sweating feet:
- Keep a log of observations. It is necessary to note the specific cases where the legs begin to sweat with increased activity. It can be anything - the use of certain products, intense load, etc.
- Keep your feet clean. In the cold season, they need to be washed twice a day, during frying - 4 or even 5 times a day. You can add a few drops of essential oils of eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender, etc. to the water. After that, feet should be wetted with a towel, paying special attention to the gap between the fingers. If water drops remain there, they will become a good breeding ground for pathogenic microflora.
- Do the foot bath with the addition of decoctions of medicinal plants. Chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus, sage and a series possess anti-inflammatory, soothing, antiseptic properties. It is also good to do the bath with a decoction of chopped oak root or burdock. You can use for this purpose and ordinary black or green tea, brewing 2 bags of a glass of boiling water. The resulting product is added to the water for the baths, and lower the feet into it for 10 minutes.
- Use drying agents. This may be baby powder, cosmetic talc, decorative powder. Even ordinary starch will do, but its action is short, and is about half an hour.
- Use antiperspirants. These products are specifically designed to reduce sweat production. They should be used correctly, can be applied only to dry, clean skin of the feet. Treat foot recommended before bedtime. First you need to use the tool 3 - 4 days in a row, then - once a week.
- Wear socks, stockings and other similar products made from natural materials. It is better to prefer cotton or wool. If possible, this piece of clothing must be changed 2 - 3 times during the day.
- When buying, pay attention to the materials from which the shoes are made. It is best to give preference to a product made from genuine leather, suede, canvas. When choosing sports shoes you need to opt for moisture-absorbing material.
An important condition is the correct and regular care of the product. It must be washed and treated from time to time with the previously described antiperspirants or powders.
If the cause of excessive sweating does not belong to the category of pathological, then the problem can be solved with the help of folk remedies. Such recipes will be effective.
- Pour 100 g of chopped oak bark with a liter of boiling water and leave for half an hour. When the tool is infused, it must be drained and added to the basin with hot water. Lower into the foot bath, and hold for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 20 bay leaves pour 3 liters of water and insist 40 minutes. Infusion used for foot baths.
- You can lay fresh birch leaves between your fingers every evening, then your legs will stop sweating.
- A tablespoon of sage leaves pour a glass of water and insist 10 minutes. Add to the basin with warm water for holding footbaths.
Sometimes for the treatment of hyperhidrosis, you have to resort to more radical measures:
- Botox injections. The action of botulinum toxin is aimed at blocking nerve impulses, due to which sweat glands do not receive signals from the autonomic nervous system, and slow down their activity. The effect of such injections lasts from 6 to 12 months, after which the manipulation is repeated.
- Iontophoresis. The oppression of the work of the sweat glands is achieved by the action of weak impulses of electric current on the legs. But the procedure does not have a long duration of therapeutic effect (2 - 3 months), and to achieve results, it is necessary to conduct 10 sessions.
- Laser effects on sweat channels. This is an expensive procedure, but it is the most effective. The effect of its holding can last a lifetime.
- Surgical removal of nerve endings that transmit signals from the vegetative system to the sweat glands. Manipulation is very risky and traumatic, therefore it is performed extremely rarely.
The choice of methods of dealing with hyperhidrosis of the feet is carried out by the attending physician. Each procedure has its own contraindications to conduct, which must be taken into account in order to avoid adverse effects.
Specific prophylaxis to prevent intense sweating of the feet does not exist. This is due primarily to the fact that hyperhidrosis is often only a symptom of a certain disease, or a genetically determined problem.
But for a healthy person to reduce sweating in the foot area you must strictly follow the rules of hygiene. Otherwise, the risk of attaching a fungal infection increases, in which not only hyperhidrosis is observed, but also other unpleasant symptoms, which will be very difficult to get rid of.