Peeling of the skin - a very common symptom indicating its defeat.
Often such a deviation is associated with impaired regenerative processes, or with diseases such as allergic reactions, fungal skin lesions, psoriasis, ichthyosis, vitamin deficiency.
Not less often, peeling of the facial epidermis occurs due to the influence of various external or physiological factors. In this case, popular folk remedies and cosmetic procedures performed at home will help get rid of the problem. But with the pathological causes of this phenomenon, it is necessary to begin to find out the exact causes of it, and only then begin therapy.
Causes of peeling
Increased dryness of the skin is not dangerous for human health. This trouble can happen to anyone, especially in hot or cold months. Accompanying symptoms are often itching, burning and redness of the epidermis.
But to start a fight with such a deviation is possible only after finding out its causes. Most often they lie in:
- improper or irrational care of the skin, or in the complete absence thereof;
- dry air in the room;
- negative exposure to sunlight;
- violations of the gastrointestinal tract, peptic ulcer;
- hormonal disorders;
- nutritional deficiencies in the epidermis itself.
As you can see, there are quite a few reasons for peeling of the skin, so sometimes it is extremely difficult to understand them. And before they are installed, do not take any measures. At best, they will be ineffective; at worst, they will only aggravate the situation.
When should see a doctor?
An appeal to a dermatologist is obligatory if:
- In women, desquamation is observed in certain areas of the body - arms, legs, back, etc. In this case, they speak of diffuse desquamation.
- In addition to flaking, the patient complains of burning, itching, swelling of the skin.
- In areas where peeling is noted, various pathological rash or elements appear - pustules, papules, vesicles, wounds, ulcers, erosion, etc.
- Peeling is manifested on the hyperemic, edematous skin.
- Peeling area has clear boundaries, itching and getting wet.
- An unpleasant phenomenon is accompanied by other disturbing symptoms. It is necessary to consult a doctor if the patient also notes the occurrence of dizziness, cephalgia, general malaise, pain in the joints, allergic reactions, diarrhea, etc., due to flaking of the epidermis.
- On the affected skin there are scaly areas, which are in sharp contrast with the natural shade of the skin.
It is also impossible to independently combat peeling, which is observed on the skin of the eyelids, eyebrows, nasolabial triangle and scalp.
What if the skin on the face began to peel off?
Dehydration and overdrying are the main enemies of the skin. And this concerns not only the facial epidermis. Therefore, to eliminate the peeling, it is important to stop the use of antibacterial soap. It must be replaced with softer skin care products - a special gel for washing or, at least, a mild cream-soap.
Well help to soften the skin of different tonics, lotions, fat creams. But their choice must be approached responsibly. Buy only need a tool that is suitable for a particular type of epidermis.
You can not use alcohol-based lotions or tonics for the face during peeling of the skin. To protect the epidermis from the negative effects of sunlight, frost or cold wind, it is necessary to apply a protective cream for half an hour before going out. It is selected not only taking into account the peculiarities of the skin, but also taking into account the season.
First of all, it is necessary to find out the cause of the indisposition, eliminate it and only then, if necessary, fight off peeling. To this end, dermatologists most often prescribe:
- Ointments, creams and gels for skin application. Well help to remove peeling, itching and skin irritation drugs Bepanten and Panthenol. In parallel, they contribute to the healing of wounds and microcracks.
- Antihistamine tablet preparations (syrups can be used): L-Tset, Suprastin, Claritin, Erides, etc. They do not remove the peeling itself, but eliminate the allergy, if it was the cause of the unpleasant symptom.
- Hydrocortisone ointment is a hormonal drug that eliminates allergies, suppresses inflammation, swelling and hyperemia. Appointed in the event that the pathological process struck not only the epidermis, but also the underlying layers of the skin.
- Antimicrobial and antimycotic agents. Appointed with infectious (bacterial, fungal) skin lesions. Usually prescribed in the form of ointments and creams, but can be combined with oral antibiotics or antimycotics.
To combat peeling on the face with the help of folk remedies it is good to use masks based on honey, vegetables and fruits, dairy products. Excellent results gives scrubbing steamed oatmeal.
For those people who have a peeling of the skin on the face is a constant problem, there are various cosmetic manipulations performed in specialized salons. It:
- Peeling. Removal of dead skin cells is carried out through the use of special acidic agents. The choice of a particular drug depends on the type of skin and the intensity of peeling. Fruit peeling agents, trichloroacetic acid or salicylic acid may be part of the peeling agents.
- Mesotherapy. This method is based on subcutaneous injection of special vitamin cocktails. Besides the fact that it eliminates peeling, this procedure also contributes to the rejuvenation of the skin.
- Biorevitalization. It is performed using hyaluronic acid injections. It is recommended to carry out this manipulation for women older than 35 years. Until this age, mesotherapy is a good option.
The appointment of any drugs or cosmetic procedures is within the competence of the dermatologist-cosmetologist. If the peeling is not too pronounced, he will recommend special peeling creams or facial scrubs that can be used at home.
The following folk remedies will be a good auxiliary method of dealing with peeling on the face.
Starch tomato mask
Grate the tomato on a fine grater and add the same amount of potato starch to the resulting mass. Mix well, then add 5 - 10 drops of any vegetable oil. Again, mix well, then apply the composition to the face. Hold the mask for 10 - 20 minutes, then wash off the remnants with a cosmetic disc dipped in chamomile broth.
This tool helps to relieve irritation of the skin with contact dermatitis.
For scrub, only ground black coffee, pre-brewed, is suitable. Such a thick is more rigid, therefore, it better scrubs the skin.
In the coffee grounds you need to add 2 - 3 drops of any essential oil. Beat the mixture thoroughly so that all the ingredients mix well. Apply the prepared composition to the skin of the face, avoiding the mask getting into the eyes. A little massage your fingers with the skin, then thoroughly wash. The procedure can be carried out in the morning and evening.
By the way, in addition to peeling, this scrub eliminates small subcutaneous pimples.
Fresh medium-sized carrots should be peeled and grated on a fine grater. Add dry yolk 1 egg and 2 tbsp. l flour from potatoes. Beat all ingredients until smooth. Apply the mask on the face and evenly distribute in all its parts. Remove the remnants of the mixture after 15 - 20 minutes.
The tool is well helps to eliminate the peeling of the skin, which arose against the background of contact dermatitis.
Mask of cottage cheese and mint infusion
1 spoonful of peppermint leaves pour 0.5 cups of boiling water. Insist under the lid for half an hour, then cool and filter. Ready infusion in the amount of 30 - 45 ml mixed with pre-mashed and mixed with sour cream in a ratio of 2: 1, respectively, the cottage cheese.
All ingredients must form a homogeneous mass. The composition is applied to the problem areas of the face for 20-25 minutes, after which its remnants are removed with a cotton pad. The face is rinsed with mint infusion, which has remained.
The above folk remedies are suitable for symptomatic, adjuvant therapy for any inflammatory lesions of the skin of the face. But in the presence of ulcers with them, you must be careful not to provoke the spread of the pathological process in the healthy areas of the epidermis.
Recovery of the skin with oils
Various vegetable oils are a great way to moisturize dry skin. They can be used independently, added to different face creams, or used as compresses. If essential oils are used for therapeutic purposes, they are pre-mixed with milk or other bases, since they can burn the skin and provoke intense allergic reactions.
The most popular tools are:
- Avocado seed oil. The product is not only effective, but also quite inexpensive.
- Apricot kernel oil. It is quickly absorbed from the skin, nourishes and moisturizes it well. Also available at cost.
- Argan oil is a product from the fruit of argan, which has recently been increasingly used in cosmetology.
- Sesame oil. The product can be purchased at a pharmacy or supermarket. It is great for making various face masks.
- Flaxseed oil and wheat germ oil. These products enrich the skin with vitamins, nourish it, promote its renewal, rejuvenation, make it more elastic.
- Soybean oil. It is quite difficult to find, but it is one of the best and most effective means of combating dryness and flaking of the epidermis.
No less useful are oils of olive and almond.
For too dry skin, oils from plants such as geranium, lavender, myrrh, nerol, rose, patchouli, and rosemary are well suited.
Before use, the selected oil is recommended to be slightly heated in a water bath. But you can not allow it to be hot, otherwise you can harm the already problematic skin.
Oils can be added to face creams. If it is an essential oil, then 2 to 3 drops per tube will suffice, if a typical vegetable is 5 to 7 drops. Before applying the cream, the skin must be cleaned. Cosmetics should be treated in the morning and evening.
You can use a mixture of several oils. They are applied to the skin for 5 - 10 minutes, after which the remnants of the mask are removed with a napkin. Universal moisturizer is an oil mixture of:
- avocado - 1 tsp;
- apricot - 1 tsp;
- geraniums - 2 ml;
- roses - 2 ml;
- lavender - 2 ml.
For oily skin prone to flaking, you can apply argan and soybean oil in a dose of 5 - 7 ml. Well moistened the epidermis patchouli and lavender oils. They need to take 2 ml.
Oil mixtures can be prepared in large portions, and applied as needed. Store them in a glass container in a cool place. Before using the composition is recommended to be heated.
What to do at home?
To eliminate the peeling of the skin on the face at home, you can:
- start taking vitamins or multivitamin complexes;
- Enrich the diet with vegetables and fruits;
- use natural butter, but in reasonable quantities;
- make facials on the basis of fatty yogurt, sour cream, yogurt, and even cottage cheese;
- process the skin of the face with honey or vegetable oils;
- stop washing with hot water;
- lubricate the epidermis with fatty creams based on panthenol, 5% urine, glycerin, essential oils;
- use only soft makeup remover;
- lubricate flaky skin with Bepanten or Solcoseryl;
- consume enough liquid.
Proper care of the face and compliance with these simple rules - the main guarantee of health of the skin. But if the peeling does not pass, or becomes more intense, you can not postpone the visit to the doctor. A dermatologist will accurately determine the source of the ailment, and prescribe an adequate, effective therapy.
Dryness and flaking of the epidermis can occur in any person. Such an anomaly can be a consequence of the influence of external factors, as well as a symptom of certain diseases.
If the causes of this unpleasant phenomenon are not associated with pathological processes, then folk remedies will help to eliminate the symptom and proper skin care. To avoid this disorder, people with dry skin should regularly apply moisturizers and make masks based on vegetable oils.
But in the event of itching, redness, swelling of the skin, we can talk about the development of a dermatological disease. Under such circumstances, only the doctor can determine the exact source of the illness and take steps to eliminate it.